What to expect
when you're "X" ing!
While our operations inside Wright Center are closed to the general public, SPI has created two versions of a new outreach initiative to serve you while we also focus staff efforts on summer camps (and planning for an eventual future reopening). Here is what you can expect:
- A friendly hello from our staff and volunteers at pick-up time
- Rotating content themes
- A short and optional mini "lesson" intro (for some events) to introduce your child to the content
- Free kits with activities, books, and/or supplies to enjoy at home
-Fun challenges to complete at featured outdoor destinations in our community
- Prizes for all families who participate in at least two activities and entry into grand prize drawings
- Modeling of social distancing by our "Spaced Cadets" to help your child re-integrate into public life
First installment of "SPI to GO: X Marks the SPOT":
May 30 from 10 a.m. to noon OR 1 to 3 p.m.
First installment of "SPI to GO: STORIES & STEAM":
June 2 form 10.am. to noon
Public health protocols and limitations will be in effect. Some RSVP/reservation will be necessary to help us anticipate demand and manage logistics, so please opt into the text alerts (text SPI2GO to 33777) to learn how you can reserve a slot; the timing and spacing of this endeavor will be important!